Ambarella introduces 4K/H.265 S3 SoC for IP Camera
Hisilicon, Ambarella, Ti, NXP and MG3500 are the current SoC providers for IP cameras. S3 is the latest SoC (System on Chip) from Ambarella, which is one of leading semiconductor company in California, USA. S3 is designed to provide 4K ultra high definition video that based on H.265/HEVC video compression standard. Compared to standard H.264 based IP cameras, the S3 is able to reduce 50% bit-rate.
Supporting new H.265 video compression standard, S3 can achieve efficient bit-rate which is two times than traditional H.264 IP cameras, under the low bitrate, it can provide excellent video quality with network bandwidth efficiency, therefore reducing storage cost. S3 has capability to encode video in 4K@30fps resolution, or 4K@60fps resolution in H.264 video compression standard, which is compatible with current network architecture.
The new generation ISP (Image signal processor) provides advanced digital noise reduction which greatly improved the advantages of H.265, its HDR (High dynamic range) processing technology enable camera capture detailed images even under high contrast environment. S3 also includes distortion correction design, suitable for 180 degree and 360 degree panoramic view IP camera, and digital pan/tilt/zoom function (ePTZ).
"Ambarella has already become the leader in H.264 based SoC for IP camera solution", said Fermi Wang, President & CEO of Ambarella. “With S3, we establish a new standard of H.265 encoding excellence to enable future generations of the highest quality HD and Ultra HD IP cameras.”
The S3 series including wide range of SoC from 1080@60fps and 4K@60fps, supporting both H.264 and H.265 video encoding and conversion. S3 is based on 1.2GHz dual core ARM Cortex-A9 CPU and NEON™ chipset for image signal processing, video encoding, as well as video analysis. It has rich I/O interface, including SLVS/MIPI/HiSPI sensing interface, USB 2.0 port, as well as gigabit Ethernet interface. S3 is based on Linux OS includes free SDK, which greatly reduce the labour and cost for developing new H.265 IP cameras, offering advanced functions including WiFi connection, Cloud P2P connection, panoramic viewing, smart video analysis, local video storage...etc.
Key features for H.265 S3 SoC
- H.265 (HEVC) Main Profiel supports 4K@30fps and Smart HEVC low bitrate
- H.264 (AVC) Baseline/Main/High Profile level 5.1 encoding support 4K@60fps
- Flexible coding engining for multi-streaming encoding, each stream has separate resolution, fps, image quality. Support H.265 and H.264, can switch between Scalable Video Codec (SVC-T) and sub-frame low-delay encoding.
- Image signal processor (ISP) and High speed SLVDS/MIPI/HiSPi support 64-Megapixel (MP) sensor resolution
- Line-interleaved multi-exposure High Dynamic Range (HDR) processing up to 4Kp30.
- Motion-compensated 3D noise reduction with de-ghosting to enhance low-light performance.
- 1.2 GHz Dual Core ARM Cortex-A9 CPU, NEON and 1 MByte full speed L2 cache. smart video analytics hardware acceleration.
- 180/360 degree panoramic viewing with up to 4Kp30 performance, multiple window layouts and digital pan/tilt/zoom (PTZ).
- AES/3DES/SHA-1/MD5 encryption engines.
- Rich set of SoC interfaces includes support for DDR4/DDR3/DDR3L, gigabit Ethernet, USB 2.0 host and device, HDMI® 2.0, SDXC SD™ Card, and dual sensor interfaces.
- Low-power 28nm silicon technology.
Get My Latest Posts
Subscribe to get the latest updates.
Your email address will never be shared with any 3rd parties.